> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Dean Goodman
> > <Tantra@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Dear Fairfield Lifers,
> > >
> > > Here's another eye-opening essay - some wild assertions and
> > > mind-boggling possibilities about how different the past may
> > > have been than the history that we've been taught -
possibilities
> > > about flying machines, space travel, nuclear weapons (and
> > > beyond)...  Food for thought.  Might help with let-
> > > ting go of the paradigm of history that we've imbibed and our
> > > whole culture is immersed in.
> > >
> > > Enjoy
> > >
> > > Michael
> >
> > I think it was Chogyam Trungpa who said:  "Those who
> > have no spiritual reality are suckers for spiritual
> > fantasy."
>
> Of course, regardless of the "real" history of the human race,
> literally hundreds of millions of people in India accept this
> stuff as true in some sense, so what you're really doing is
> saying that all of them are suckers.

Actually, all I did was post a quote from a Tibetan
teacher, on the occasion of looking around at the
plethora of "New Age" interests in Boulder and
commenting to his students that the extent of one's
interest in such things was, in his opinion, in
inverse proportion to the breadth of one's spiritual
experience. That is, the fewer real spiritual exper-
iences one has had in one's life, the more likely
one is to be attracted by New Age fantasies. And
the converse; the more real experience one has had,
the less likely one is to be interested in such
things.

If you feel that this extends to India and to Hindus,
that's your call. I don't think Trungpa ever said
anything about that, and I certainly didn't.