--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gillam"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- jim_flanegin wrote:
> >
> > --- Rick Archer wrote:

> > > Rick should win the lottery...
> > > Rick should win the lottery...
> > > Rick should win the lottery...
> > >
> > Ha-Ha-- ooops, forgot to add, the *innocent* desires...odd how
they
> > come to me also vs. the other way around, me invoking them. Then
it is
> > a choice whether to accept them. Absolutely can't be forced or
> > controlled, unless the seed is felt already, then they can be
watered
> > or just watched to fruition...
>
> Seems to me the issue isn't innocence so much as it's
> the level of subtlety at which one holds the desire.
>
> "I'd like to win the lottery" came from somewhere, and
> it was probably somewhere subtle, and when it was
> subtle, it was innocent, yes? So why not take it back
> to that subtle area in one's heart during a quiet moment?
> Isn't that legitimate?

Its a funny thing about desires. It seems as if they are realized
when attached to the heart vs just held in the mind. I have played
with this- for example the desire to win the lottery.

Even though I can rationalize such a desire as being something I
very much want, when I look in my heart, it isn't there, it doesn't
feel quite right. As much as I may think I want it, there is
no 'juice' attached to it, and maybe that is love, that we must love
our desires to bring them to fruition.

And where does the love come from? It accurately comes from our
Selves acting through us. Or in more dramatic terms, it is God's
will acting through us. This is why I said earlier that desires come
to me vs the other way around.

Prior to awakening I was often confused about why some things
happened in my life, and other things didn't. Applying the rule
stated above, that of Self, God acting through us, this makes sense,
just as there is little confusion now about why things happen,
because the Self is now awake.