--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "markmeredith2002"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> PS -- A long time ago I did a fairly vigorous statistical look at
> jyotish application for investing and found no objective basis for
> it, though I did find minor correlations between market phenomenon
> and certain planetary cycles -- ie, planets moving into and out of
> signs and changing dasha periods seem like hogwash to me, but the
> relationship of planetary orbits may in fact be linked somehow with
> macro cycles on earth -- which supports what judy was saying earlier
> on the subject I think.

Actually that was what Bhairitu said, that it tracks
circadian rhythms.  My speculation was that any
sufficiently complex system--from astrology to palm
reading to tea leaves to Tarot--can serve to focus the
intuition just as a sort of abstract organizing
principle; the "information" comes from the intuition,
not from anything in the system itself.