Apart from shock therapy, I'm not really sure what might have helped at that point. I left DC to move here in 91 and, although my memories of that time are, of course, growing more vague by the minute, I had thought he was still Center Chairman.
If he became CC in 85, and already by 90 he was TM-Ex, his reign of terror lasted fewer years than I thought. Sort of comforting, in a silly kind of way...I outlasted him! For some reason I had him freaking out around the mid-90s or so.
That's probably just when I became aware of his new vocation, so to speak.

Sal

On May 6, 2006, at 5:46 PM, jyouells2000 wrote:

> Curtis Mailloux...one of the truly great TM Nazis the TMO ever
> produced.  After he left the fold, he became as vehemently against as
> he had been pro before.  In his time, though , he was awesome.  He
> would regularly "report" people for the most minor TM infractions (such
> as wearing jeans to the Center--horrors!) as well   as  work on
> occasion to keep people off courses, TTC, etc.  You name it, he
> reported  it. Must have satisfied some primal urge for power, or
> something.  His defection really came as not much of a surprise...that
> level of stress most people just can't keep up for very long.  I've
> wondered over the years what became of him too.
>
> Sal

Saw it comming before DC - tried to help....