--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "ashelkent" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Does anyone have a difinitive opinion about how to spell roo, as TM
> people in Fairfield are often refered to. It seems like the correct
> way would be 'ru since it is a contraction for guru. But on the few
> occassions I have seen it in print I think it has been spelled roo. I
> need to know for my book which will be coming out in a week or two.

Since it's an invented slang term that's highly localized,
there's no really "correct" way to spell it.  You get to
spell it the way you think best.  If it were ever to become
widespread (unlikely!), a consensus would gradually
emerge on one spelling, but until then it's up to you.

I think I'd go with "'ru," myself.  But the suggestion that
you check with the Fairfield Ledger is a good one; its
spelling will be familiar, at least, to Fairfielders and
many TMers who follow the doings in Fairfield.