--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "markmeredith2002"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Not digging in the dirt" is the rationale used by many sidhas here
> when they move into a S-ved home as a way of solving their marital
> communication problems, or do a yagya as a way to treat their
> chronic depression or OCD, or spend half their waking life
> meditating trying to get over some early life emotional pain.
>
> I agree there's a severe limit to the progress that can be made
> with talk therapy that focuses on intellectual analysis of past
> hurts.  But the fact remains that you can't transcend your way
> out of deep emotional pain, you have to go through it...

Mark, it's the *absolutism* of statements like this that
I'm commenting on. What you say in the last sentence
above is SIMPLY NOT TRUE.

I and many of my friends have had severe emotional pain
and trauma just fucking GO AWAY as a result of spiritual
sadhana that did not require us to focus on it or "go
through it." Leave some room in your pronouncements for
other possibilities, eh?  :-)

I am *NOT* saying that I don't think dealing with emotional
issues is not a good thing for some people if they swing
that way. But is it the ONLY way such issues can be
resolved? No way.