--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new_morning_blank_slate
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> "Is being driven by and apparently obsessed with the past a sign of
> something good? Makes one wonder about the effectiveness
> of all these techniques people have been practicing for years."

George Santayana said, "Those who cannot remember
history are condemned to repeat it."  He was speaking
of history in a broader sense, of course, but it may
also be applicable to more personal history.

At what point does "remembering history" become
"driven by and obsessed" with it?

That may not be such an easy line to draw.  As we
grow (or at least get older), we have an increasing
body of experience through which to see, interpret,
and even learn from the past.  Is there ever a point
at which revisiting the past in light of present
understanding yields no dividends in terms of
avoiding repetition of that past?  If so, how do you
tell when you've gotten to that point?