--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new_morning_blank_slate
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [It is useful to be] constantly being open to new data and new
> concepts. For
> example, maybe we often skip a poster which our theory predicts will
> waste our time. BUT, my point of the orignal post was, when we
> occaisionally read the post, do so with an open, fresh mind, like you
> just met them, not be tied to the past and your prior evaluations of
> them, and see if what they write today, the words in themselves, in
> the CURRENT post, have any value.

For example, if we have the view in our mind, prior to even reading a
post, is that, "This poster is full of Sh*t. They only post BS, play
games, distort and swims in logical fallacies." then guess what we
will find in almost any post they make: i) BS, ii) games, iii)
distortions, and iv) logical fallacies. The search for such often
overwhelms any points of merit in the post.

My suggestion is to simply turn off the voices of past theories and
hypotheses about the poster, and ones apprasial of their motives, and
simply read their words without any prejedice -- aka pre-judgement.