<snip>
> > And again, what Nanda calls "Vedic Creationism" does
> > not appear to be what MMY teaches in that it doesn't
> > "propose to replace Darwinian evolution with 'devolution'
> > from the original one-ness with Brahman" (key word being
> > "replace").
<snip>

> Not to mention that in MMY's interpretation of things, Brahman, the
> simple, undifferentiated thing, notices itself and gets
> progressively more complicated until the universe comes into
> existance. This process can't be considered "devolution" because it
> is a process of anti-entropy, just as evolution is.

Yes, exactly, thank you.  I was trying to find a way
to express this clearly and succinctly and couldn't.

I suspect Nanda is doing her best to equate Christian
fundie Creationism (the "fall" from the Garden) with
"Vedic Creationism"; I seriously doubt even Hindutva
espouses anything like that.  Either she doesn't
understand the Hindu/Vedic notion, or she is hoping her
readers don't.

I guess you could call the cycling of Satyuga into
Kaliyuga something of a "fall" and devolution, but
that doesn't seem to be what she's referring to.