In a message dated 5/26/06 9:36:07 A.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
In the 60's we had 2-3 in my class. Girls usually left school. Shame,
lots of whispering and crude jokes about the girl. Today, girls go to
school, proud to be (becoming) mothers, taking pre-natal classes.
Seems much healthier today.

fathers took care of their families,

Still do. Any fathers here NOT take care of their  families?
So "healthy" that it has almost become popular. I have seen stats that say about 80% of black children born today are to single mothers and about 30% of white children are born to single mothers. While only about 30% of unwed mothers are teens, only one in five get any support from the fathers. The tax payers ends up  taking care of the those children at a tune of over 7 billion a year or about $3,200. a year for each teenage birth. This says nothing about the increase of crime from the children that grow up in a one of these "homes".