Title: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: was No yellow stars -Northern arrogance
on 5/28/06 9:13 AM, Sal Sunshine at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Rick,
Maybe not officially, but the idea of caucasians being superior to everyone else has pervaded its thinking as long as I can remember, or so it seemed.

But Maharishi’s not a Caucasian.

And yeah, by typical I also meant  typical of Bob to post something like that.  I know he doesn't speak for the TMO, but I'd guess most still in the the thick of it would agree with it, if pressed on the issue.

Maybe. When I was in the thick of it I might have regarded it as an interesting theory, at best.

It doesn't seem beyond the pale to me to imagine that MMY *could* write something like that.

True. “Black-skinned rakshashas” seems rather pejorative. Amma was considered inferior by her family because her skin was darker than her siblings’, and was thus taken out of school and made a family servant. During the Viet Nam war Maharishi said the US should send as many black soldiers as possible because the karma was between the blacks and the Chinese. Those ideas all fit together loosely under the category of “Indians make a big deal about skin color.”

Rick

Sal