> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>
> wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>

> > > 1-800-FUCK-OFF is a free call for you, too.  :-)
> >
> > I sruck a nerve, apparently.
>
> I know that Judy won't understand this, because
> she's too far gone, but the above comment is
> *exactly* why she and new_morning_blank_slate
> are consigned to my "Pissant Bin."
>
> It's not that they have nothing to say. They
> don't, but that's beside the point. :-) It's that
> they are compelled to react to positions they don't
> agree with by TRYING TO MAKE THE OTHER PERSON FEEL
> BAD.

(And Barry is *not* trying to make me feel bad here,
right?)

I *really* struck a nerve.

*That* is what they are trying to achieve
> in their posts. I suspect that anyone here with
> any psychic sensibilities has felt this.

Actually, I suspect that anyone here who can read
realizes Barry's completely off the rails on this
one, given that what I said was:

> [...]

Emphasis added.  Only Barry could read "I agree
with you" and interpret it as "I don't agree with
you."

> In this thread, when new_morning first jumped on
> Bhairitu for what he posted, his *first reaction*
> was to imply that there was something *wrong*
> with him for stating that opinion.

<horselaugh>

Of course, Barry *never* implies there's something
wrong with a person who states an opinion he
disagrees with.  I mean, he certainly doesn't do
it in this post, does he?

<snip>
> Above, Judy expresses (not for the first time)
> her fantasy and her main reason for posting on
> the Internet. She has said many times that she
> *delights* in trying to make her opponents in
> a debate feel bad.

In fact, I've *never* said that, and of course it
isn't true.  It's Barry's fantasy, not mine.

That's *why* she debates them.
> Her *first reaction* in this thread was the same
> as new_morning's; she was interested only in finding
> someone she could put down, and hopefully make feel
> bad.

In fact, my first reaction in this thread was
to post a quote from St. Catherine of Siena that
appears on the Peace Monument Barry has been
touting:

"In mercy you have seen fit today to show me, poor as I am, how we
can in no way pass judgment on other people's intentions. Indeed, by
sending people in an endless variety of paths, you give an example
for myself, and for this I thank you."

My second (related) reaction was to suggest that
the hostility and lack of compassion expressed by
some would-be peaceniks toward those involved in
war is a manifestation of the same type of anger
that generates war in the first place.

If those two reactions make Barry feel bad, perhaps
that's a sign that he should look into his soul
and discover *why* his professed devotion to peace
is so saturated with judgmental anger.

It's entirely possible to hate war without also
demonizing the warriors and those who support them.