On Jun 8, 2006, at 1:52 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Firefox is so great.  Have you tried it?  The computer guys on NPR

were singing its praises again this week.

Gotta agree. I just got converted to Firefox and

the joys of Tabbed browsing yesterday. Whole new

world. No more opening multiple browser windows

for research purposes or to do cut and paste.

Yeah this has been available on both Safari and Firefox (and others) for years now and it's just the easiest way to surf. I typically use a modified key: on my Wintel box I use the CTRL key so if if hold that down when I click a link, it automatically opens in a new tab. Same in Safari with the command key.

A friend who is on the test team for  MS internet explorer says the reason it has not been added sooner to MSIE was because MS's emphasis is on a "standards compliant" browser rather than one with lots of bells and whistles, therefore MSIE will always be more conservative compared to what's out there.