Title: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: mounting concerns about TM org in Kansas
on 6/9/06 3:44 PM, sparaig at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> It’s worth mentioning that after all the decades of coexistence here in FF,
> there’s a pretty healthy overlap between the meditating and non-meditating
> communities, not only in companies but in social settings. Even some
> marriages. There are extremists at either end of the spectrum who won’t
> mingle, but perhaps a majority in the middle who will. Many of the mediating
> minglers are TMers who have become open-minded and eclectic in their
> approach to spirituality and life in general.

Especially the followers of Robin Carlson,

There aren’t any.

your guru, and the rest of the former TBers,
right?

Yes. They tend to be more open-minded than those on campus.

Durned few TBers of TM drop away from TM, and start following another guru, have
actually become liberal, in my observation.

Then your observation is very limited (probably to Tucson) and therefore incorrect.

The TBers that drop away from TM and become
liberal, eschew gurus completely.

Some do; most don’t.

The TBers that drop away from TM and find another
guru are simply TBers of the new system/guru/whatever.

Some are. Most tend to be more objective and to move in the direction of being able to examine their assumptions.