> I'm not convinced that's the case in many areas.
> Has he ever said evolutionary theory is wrong, for
> example?

When asked who was correct Evolutionists or Fundamentalists (god
created man with no intermediate steps), he said "Both are right".

He takes Yuga ages as literally true. (Sort of the inverse of the
Christian problem of 6000 years. Fundamentalist Hindus would hold
human societies way way before the many branches of science find any
evidence - direct or indirect)

MMY used to hold that humans had two identical nervous systems (not to
be confused with sympathetic,para-symopatheic, or two hemespheres of
brain, etc. He said not to all that. "Its two identical nervous
systems"). And thats how CC could be maintained. One in silence, the
other in activity. I think the idea comes from Hindu scripture.

Castes, role of women, vedic kings, Age of Rama .. all pretty Hindu
fundamentalist ideas.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM