> On Jun 10, 2006, at 12:27 AM, new_morning_blank_slate wrote:
>
> > "Magical thinking,", myth, art, poetry, drama, literature, dreams, are
> > great things -- in the vast realms that science does not provide a
> > more effective, predicable, researched and validated set of models,
> > explanations and remedies / technologies.
> >
> > We have discussed this a bit before in the realm of logic. Logic has
> > its realm. As does poetry. And I don't want a poet fixing the jet
> > engine in the plane I am going to fly in, but I would rather hear the
> > poet, rather have Neruda, not the mechanic, waxing on about love.
>

> One thing that Sanskrit literature and philosophy teaches us is that
> each drishti or way-of-seeing is unique, and therefore each way-of-
> seeing has it's own unique, internal logic. These are relative to one
> another, but different. This is part of conventionality or the
> relative. Waking state's linear logic may appear different to dream
> state's logic, and waking state's way-of-seeing may see dreaming
> state's logic as "magical thinking". It would also see the way-of-
> seeing of Unity Consciousness the same way (as magical thinking). All
> these things really tell you is looking *across* different ways-of-
> seeing only shows that different ways-of-seeing are relative to one
> another.
>
> Different beings, in different dimensions of existence will also
> experience the same phenomenon differently. A traditional example
> given would be of a river which a human would see as something to
> drink, fish would see as their home and gods would see as nectar
> (etc., etc.).

The view in Jivan-mukta or other states does not change  the chemistry
and physics of a jet engine. The perspective and context aboutsuch
knowledge may change, but Bernoulli's law is still Bernoulli's law.

(Except on Trans-Love Airlines -- which gets you THERE on time" as
Donovan and Jefferson Airplane sang.)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM