> Like many TM'ers back in the late 1970's I gave up on being a
> vegetarian.   I had too many bouts with hypoglycemia, anemia and vata
> derangements.   Using supplements will not often deal with the pH
> imbalance that occurs in some wannabe vegetarians which will only be
> solved with the inclusion of some animal protein in their diet.
>
> Now just watch the wailing and gnashing of teeth raising this subject
> causes. :)

Hey if it works for you, great. I tried fish and poultry for 3 years
after 30 years of veg, and found it didn't suit me, so I am back to a
neo-veg. No grains, grams of carbs no more than grams of protein, lots
of fresh veg, little fruit (focus on pomigranate,cranberry, blueberry
-- the high polyphenols and anti-oxidants).

There are many many possible veg diets. One cannot say all are bad or
unsuitable because the type they tried was not good.
My own experience, and observations of others, is that TMO's load up
on carbs -- rice, dahl, chapati, little raw veg, lots of fruit. No
wonder they get back results with such high carb levels and low
protein. Its a miracle that longtime consmers of such are not all
diabetics (oops, MMY, Devendra, Amma, more, etc, all diabetics I think).

And did you use methyl form of b-12? If not, that clearly corrleates
with and could explain anemia,low energy, hypoglycemia, etc. And a
high carb, high legume consumption can correlate with vata
derangments. NONE of this is necessary in a well-structured veg diet.