<shempmcgurk@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Majority Press Release
> > > U.S. Senate Committee on the Environment and Public Works
> > > Contact:  MARC MORANO 202-224-5762, MATT DEMPSEY 202-224-9797
> >
> > From TalkingPointsMemo.com:
> >
> > Until a couple months ago, the [writer of this press release],
> Marc
> > Marono, worked for [the very right-wing] CNSnews.com where he
> > distinguished himself by using disgraced NASA crony George
Deutsch
> > attack NASA scientist James Hansen. Deutsch...was the young Bush
> > campaign flack who was sent over to NASA to censor scientific
> > publications, made a splash when he instructed NASA scientists
not
> > discuss the Big Bang without considering the topic from a
> religious
> > perspective and then got bounced when it emerged that he'd lied
> about
> > having a college degree. Earlier, Marono wrote [an article for
> > CNSnews.com] questioning whether Rep. John Murtha (D-PA) may have
> > faked the wounds for which he received two Purple Hearts.
> >
> > http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/008860.php
> >
> > (CNSNews.com is an extremely right-wing "news" site
> > whose parent organization is the equally right-wing
> > Media Research Center, both founded by right-wing
> > zealot Brent Bozell III.)
> >
> > > AP INCORRECTLY CLAIMS SCIENTISTS PRAISE GORE'S MOVIE
> > <snip>
>
> Here's the article in question, Billie:

Thank you, this is the AP article from which I already
posted a lengthy quote, along with the URL.  Guess you
must have missed it, huh?

> http://tinyurl.com/hmron
>
> I, for one, would indeed like to know what the nation's "top
> scientists" thought of the movie...not JUST the 19 of 100 contacted
> who had seen the movie or read the book.  Wouldn't you?

Not interested in what those who *haven't* seen the
movie or read the book think, actually (most of those
the AP contacted).  The 19 who gave their opinions to
AP had all seen the movie or read the book.

> AND I'd like to know what the other 81 thought.  Wouldn't you?

See above.

> AND I'd like to know how AP justifies the lead paragraph of the
> article -- The nation's top climate scientists are giving 'An
> Inconvenient Truth,' Al Gore's documentary on global warming, five
> stars for accuracy -- when the next paragraph tells us that only 19
> of 100 contacted were in a position to even say such a thing.

I don't believe it says "ALL the nation's top climate
scientists...," does it now?

> Tell me, Billie, do you think that was proper or fair of AP to lead
> with such a paragraph?

Unquestionably, as long as all 19 who responded to
the AP are legitimately considered to be among "the
nation's top climate scientists."