In a message dated 7/2/06 10:07:04 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

What are mudras in general and the "Chin mudra" in particular?

You know the classic pose of a yogi, sitting in lotus with hands on knees and thumbs touching the index fingers and the other remaining fingers held straight? That is symbolic of the Higher and lower self united and the three gunas cast off. That hand gesture is called Chin Mudra. There are all kinds of Mudras and they supposedly direct energies in the body to flow in specific directions. I think somebody asked M on my TTC if it was ok to sit like that, As I recall he didn't have any problem with it.