--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "nablus108" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Larry Potter
> <larry.potter@> wrote:
> >

> > bob_brigante <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >    --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Larry Potter
> > <larry.potter@> wrote:
> > >
> > > ( with regard to nablus108 ).
> > >
> > > I'm sorry to say that since the intafadah began I have uterly
> > lost any respect for Palestinians as a nation. They choose
> terrible
> > leaders and support terrible policies. They glorify terrible
> > murderers who celebrate in killing Israeli women and children.
> > >
> > > I am sad to say to you Palistinians, I have no sympathy for
you.

> > ************************

> >     The aggression comes from the Palestinians side,
> >   To remind you, or to tell you, since you conveniently left
out,
> that Palestinians murdered of 18-year-old Eliyahu Asheri two and a
> half weeks ago.
> >   Including that Hamas terrorists firing rockets and mortar
bombs
> for weeks. Some of the rockets fell near the Israel city of
> Ashkelon. Some 17 rockets were fired between Saturday and Sunday
> morning. A man at a school in the Israel town of Sderot was
wounded,
> Israel officials said.
> >
> >   Now, what would you think, USA will do (or any other country
for
> that matter) if, let's say Mexico, will be constantly shooting
> rockets on USA cities and civilians. I'm just curious to know, how
> USA will react in your opinion.
> >

> >   http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?
> cid=1150885975162&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull
> >

> >   so, there is more to it than one soldier as Haniyeh is falsely
> trying to paint.
> >

> >   <snip>
> >
> Palestine is occupied by Israel, the land has been annected. They
> are at war.

The other way around.

> This discussion is out of proportion.
and it looks like you are expanding it :).

Looks like Islam and Muslims are hijacked by it's own religious
people. here is an interesting article,

http://tinyurl.com/zsyph

An Explosive Fatwa Is Issued in Egypt, As Wave of Edicts Grows in
the War

By YOUSSEF IBRAHIM - Special to the Sun
April 11, 2006

The effervescent satellite network Al Jazeera put its spotlight last
week on the maddening world of fatwas, those Islamic religious
edicts riling the lives of believers and nonbelievers from one end
of the world to the other. Remember, September 11 was the result of
a fatwa by Osama bin Laden, Ayman al-Zawahri, and assorted other so-
called Muslim scholars decreeing a pact to fight "Crusaders and
Jews."

Ever since this momentous attack on America, Islamic fatwas
multiplied. Many simply dictate lifestyle choices for Muslims.
Others, however, tell them to wage jihad against various ills and
targets, in the name of Allah. When originating with a weighty
source, a fatwa can be deadly.

Among the wave of fatwas already out there, some authorize suicide
bombings, forbid participation in voting or elections by Muslims
living in the West, void marriage between spouses who practice
intercourse in the nude (this one from Egypt), and ban the exchange
of seasons' greetings between Muslims and nonbelievers, to cite a
few.

Frivolous fatwas have affected people's lifestyles and mind-sets,
including a ruling against the Arab version of "Who Wants To Be a
Millionaire," forbidden by Islam as a form of gambling; a fatwa
banning beauty pageants in front of panels of male judges; one
demanding that male soccer players wear long trousers to hide their
skin; a ban on watching solar eclipses, and another against
bullfights. Interestingly, no fatwas were ever issued banning female
circumcision.

This past week, Al Jazeera carried a most explosive one: an edict
from Egypt's highest Islamic jurist, Sheik Ali Gomaa, decreeing that
the exhibition of any statues is sinful, as is sculpture and those
who practice it - going all the way back to Pharaonic temples, Greek
and Roman sculptures, and Christian images spanning several
centuries, ever since the dawn of history.

Should we prep for a Taliban-style orgy in Egypt? Melting gold
statues of King Tut (Tutankhamen is his full name); smashing
Cleopatra images; dynamiting the magnificent temples of Karnak;
blowing up the Valleys of the Kings and Queens in Luxor; bulldozing
the majestic Fila temple; burning Roman, Greek, and early Christian
icons, and sacking treasures of civilization in Egyptian museums up
and down the Nile Valley?

Sheik Gomaa is no lightweight. To many believers, his words are
tantamount to marching orders. He was appointed grand mufti
(jurisprudent) by none other than Egypt's president, Hosni Mubarak.
Several weighty religious figures rushed to his support.

Left standing, this fatwa is a declaration of war, more so as it has
been endorsed by the most towering Muslim religious figure alive,
Sheik Yusuf Al Qardawi of Qatar. "Islam proscribed all that leads to
paganism or smells of it - statues of ancient Egyptians included,"
Qardawi said on his Web site.

The very fact that no one of importance flagged these people on an
edict that targets nothing less than the world's cultural heritage
is catastrophic. One wonders what would have happened if they
declared dictators, not sculptors, to be sinners in Islam?

Targeting civilization in the name of religion has happened many
times before in periods of historical darkness. Books and people
were burned. Cities were sacked. The Taliban gave it notoriety when
they used explosives, tanks, and anti-aircraft weapons to blow apart
two colossal statues of the Buddha in Afghanistan.

Indeed, Gamal Al Ghittani, editor of the Egyptian literary magazine
Akhbar al-Adab, was shocked at Sheik Gomaa's fatwa, wondering what
would come next. "We do not, therefore, rule out that someone will
enter the temples of Luxor or any other pharaonic temple and blow it
up on the basis of this fatwa."

In the aftermath of September 11, this is not speculation. Taliban
aside, it happened only 60 years ago in Saudi Arabia, when all pre-
Islamic heritages were razed to the ground by Wahhabi zealots. It
was only narrowly averted in Iran immediately after the Islamic
revolution of 1979, when mobs armed with hammers and Molotov
cocktails rushed to assault the magical Persian treasures in the
city of Isfahan.

The unanswered question here is, How can so-called religious
scholars suggest such a course to their followers without so much as
a peep from Arab and Muslim-world governments or UNESCO, leaving it
to a few brave souls and Egyptian intellectuals to shine a light in
a kingdom of darkness?

As the writer Ghittani said, "It's time for those placing
impediments between Islam and modernity to go away."

<snip>