new.morning wrote:

>--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>They really should start a new topic rather than just change the
>>

>subject
>

>>line.  But that seems to be beyond the comprehension of people here.
>>

>No, it just seems to be beyond your comprehension that most poeple
>don't use an e-mail client that requires a new pristine topic in order
>to have the subject changed -- e.g., the web site or their preferred
>viewing vehicle.
>
>But since being condescending apparently makes you feel good about
>yourself, and good generally, well, its a good thing, yes? :)

Wrong.  Thread hijacking is considered bad netiquette and you'll get
bashed for it on other lists.   I've been a programmer for over 20 years
and have been using email and online clients for that long.  I think I
might know a little about how these things work.  I've mentioned the
thread hijacking many times before on this list.   And it didn't meet
with much enthusiasm then either.  Some of the other programmers felt it
was a bug in Yahoo as other lists will start a new thread once the topic
changes.   What happens is that some folks with multiple emails can't
remember which one they are using for this group.  I remember mine.   So
they just do a reply and then change the subject.

As for being condescending, well that is just your misperception, newmo.