In a message dated 7/14/06 2:46:11 A.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Nothing was ever done about the dynamite.

> > > So my guess is that he knew very well about the dynamite, but put
> on a show
> > > to give the impression that he hadnĀ¹t known, and that others were
> > > responsible.
> > >

> > What would YOU have done?
>
> I would have used the principle of 'highest first', and found out who
> was ultimately in charge of the blasting; and what options would be
> open to us; if they could postpone the blasting or not;
> And if they told me there was no way to stop it since they were on a
> schedule;
> Then I would have been honest with the course participants and
> Maharishi, and made a group decision, based on assets, and other
> varibles, to there would be a group effort and responsiblity taken.
> And not dependent on Maharishi, taking care of everything, or doing
> nothing to resolve the problem..

Perhaps all that had been tried behind the scenes with no avail. Then what? As I
speculated, perhaps the appearance of trying to take care of things was deemed more
important than honesty about not being able to take care of things.

Actually, plenty was done. Every time somebody brought up the explosions, M would say, " noise is not a barrier to meditation...." He went through the whole checking notes procedures regarding noise disturbing meditation. While the blasts were loud, they never were so frequent, in most places, that one could not settle into the transcendent. As I said by the middle of the second TTC in either late 71 or early 72 M just moved everybody to Fiuggi Italy.