<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  My response was that, yes, I would have known after
> > some period of practice, based only on my experience
> > of the sutra.  At least in my case, Curtis's assumption
> > about the role of the "hype" is in error.
> >
> > Does Curtis acknowledge this?  Of course not.  He even
> > claims my experience has nothing to do with it--despite
> > the fact that this is what he was asking about in the
> > first place.
> >
> > He also says he would describe his experience the same
> > way.  If so, even his *own* experience shows that the
> > assumption in his rhetorical question is in error.
>
> None of us has experienced flying without the hype so your point is
> meaningless.

If that's the case, your question was meaningless
as well.

> You are making a claim without any basis in fact.

You were asking a question that could not be
answered on the basis of "fact" (scare quotes
because you don't accept that subjective experiences
are facts).

> You don't know what you would experience without the hype.

So why did you ask what I would have experienced
without the hype??

> I acknowledged
> that there are moments in flying that feel like you might stay up.
> But it NEVER happens does it?

I don't know, and neither do you.  It hasn't happened
*so far*, to me, as I said.  Whether it "NEVER happens"
is something neither of us cay say.

> It is just a feeling. It was a
> rhetorical question.  So why did you try to answer it?

Why did you ask it in the first place?

> (Definition: A
> question to which no answer is expected, often used for rhetorical
> effect.)

I don't think you can possibly be suggesting that
one therefore must refrain from pointing out that
the assumption on which the rhetorical question is
based is flawed--can you?

> Judy I will never understand you personally.  My post was very
> carefully written not to be rude to you personally.

Note that I did not complain about rudeness.  I
complained about your lack of integrity in
debating TM issues, which is exhibited in what you
just said, as well as the rest of your response to
my post.

Or perhaps you're chiding me for being so rude as
to call your integrity into question.

So sorry you're offended.  Get over it.  Or try to
observe higher standards of integrity.

> You seem like you
> enjoy discussing things with people who see the world completely
> differently, and then you get all pissed off.

I get pissed off when people don't engage in honest
discussion.

> If you are right about flying it will be my loss.

If I'm right about *what* about flying?  All I've
said, all along, is that I don't rule it out.

> So give me a break with the personal attacks.

Give *me* a break with your dishonest debating tactics.

> I don't think anyone will fly.  So what?

So what indeed?  It *could* be interesting to discuss
the pros and cons of what degree of disbelief is
appropriate for a scientifically minded person.  But
you can't engage in that kind of discussion *honestly*.

> Your attack on my personal integrity is just proof
> that you cannot tolerate people with other points of
> view.

ROTFL!!  Speaking of illogic and dishonest debating
tactics...

And this is from a guy who claims to employ the
scientific approach.

What my "attack" on your personal integrity proves is
that I perceive you to have very low standards of
integrity when you're discussing TM issues.  It has
*nothing* to do with my ability to tolerate people
with other points of view (unless the difference in
points of view has to do with whether it's OK to use
sleazy debating tactics, a perspective I most certainly
do not tolerate).

I have NO PROBLEM with somebody having a different
point of view as long as they present and argue it
HONESTLY.

I didn't have any problem with your having a different
point of view in our earlier discussion of the
Schroedinger quote; I didn't perceive you to use
dishonest tactics there.  Why is there such a change
for the worse with you whenever TM is the topic of
discussion?