Your question was whether John Lennon might have been right, after
all, when he suggested that he had been made a fool of.
It is a good question and on reflection and seeing how the topic is
now about whether or not the bungalow was grand (by local standards
it most certainly was) or whether there was a helipad (there was a
landing spot closeby 'Mararshi' kutir').
Really Lennon was 'unstressing', as Vaj rightly points out, and was
looking for targets for his rage against Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, who
he felt had overstretched himself in teaching about a state of cosmic
consciousness, yet apparently not even understand why John Lennon
wanted out.
And Yes, MMY took everyone for a ride though it was not in a
helicopter but on the magic carpets of their imaginations which he
fed with anything that came into to his head. I think history will
see him as a false prophet, but to his credit he did get people
thinking about the topic of meditation. But is mumbling the names of
gods really meditation. I always thought meditation was letting go
and savouring the inner silence of no-thoughts, and I learned that
from my TM teacher in Maharishi's kutir, near the helipad,
Jai Guru Deva.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Robert Gimbel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>