> But those big courses are fun. I was at Amherst in '79
> and then at MIU for the winter one (was that 84 or
> 85). Both were really amazing. I don't know if our
> collective consciousness actually does anything, but
> the subjective experiences are incredible when you
> have large numbers doing program together.

Agreed- both times I had great experiences.

I was at two in DC, '82 I think, when the hotel at 11th and H Sts.
downtown was being converted to a TM hotel, and then in '93(?). I
decided that the '93 one was my last, due to the complete lack of
professional operations for registering and housing participants. It
was complete chaos and nepotism. Nice to run into old friends both
times also.