<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You know what they say about doing the same thing and expecting
> different results as the definition for insanity? At this stage
> it is my own disorder I am concerned with!  The cautionary tale
> of the frog and the scorpion is one of my favorites and I
> appreciate your reminding me of it.  My dad fought on Quam in
> WWII, so I have the stories of the hell that it became.

I think it's a very *appropriate* cautionary tale. Many
people came to Guam (Fairfield Life) because they thought
it would be a "safe place" where they could actually express
their ambivalent feelings about TM and Maharishi and the
TMO. They'd suffered for years in an environment where
expressing doubts, much less conclusions that were Off
The Program were met first with stony silence, then with
censure, and finally with being shown to the door.

So they came here, to FFL, and they read the opening page,
which states very clearly that this is a place that BY
DEFINITION is an environment in which it is permitted
to question everything we've been told to believe. And
it *was* that kind of environment for a long time. And
then I had to fuck it up by mentioning it on a.m.t., and
presto -- like magic -- the person who almost single-
handedly turned that newsgroup into a War Zone comes
zooming over to Fairfield Life and starts trying to do
the same thing here.

Have you *looked* at alt.meditation.transcendental lately?
Even *Judy* hasn't bothered to post there for over two
weeks. It's now a wasteland, full of pretty much nothing
but politics and personal squabbles and name-calling. Does
that sound familiar, you who have complained lately about
what FFL has mysteriously turned into?

Well, in my opinion there is a reason. And that reason
is the current subject of discussion -- a person whose
goal, in my honest opinion, is to *destroy* environments
in which people can freely challenge the myths of TM and
the TMO and Maharishi, to bring them down to her level,
the level of endless argumentation and name-calling. She
did it to a.m.t., and she's well on her way to having
done it to Fairfield Life.

Judy will probably trot out her favorite word, Liar! (do
a search on Google Groups and I think you'll find that
Judy has used that word more than any other poster in
its history), but I'm not lying. This is what I honestly
believe is her intent.

I don't, however, think that she KNOWS that it's her
intent. I have never in my life met a person who is more
unaware of her own motivations and is more in denial about
them than Judy Stein. She *has* to believe that people are
LYING about her when they say things about her like I
am saying now. The only other alternative is to consider,
even for a moment, that there might be some truth in
them. And I think that anyone who has been paying atten-
tion to her posts since she arrived here has figured out
that this is never going to happen. Never.

Judy is OUTRAGED that there is a place where people can
express their ambivalent feelings about TM honestly,
without being *punished* for expressing them. Think
about it -- what is it that she consistently berates
people here for not doing? They don't CONFESS to the
"sins" she brands them with, that's what. She sees herself
as the unofficial enforcer of The Truth, the person who
has to expose the "sins" she seems to see everywhere here,
and badger the "sinners" until they CONFESS their sins
publicly.

I wrote not long ago quoting passages from a book written
by Bernardo Gui on how to be an Inquisitor. Judy follows
the training manual he wrote for the Inquisition centuries
ago *to the letter*. It could be her Handbook.

She talks a lot about respect. Well, I respect those here
who remember what this place is, and what it was created
to be. And I respect those who stand up to this wrinkled
old bully when she tries to make it something else.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/zAINmC/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/UlWolB/TM