In a message dated 8/1/06 2:50:51 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
That didn't work, so the next thing was for him to
have a drunken meltdown in which he more or less
channeled his father.

Gibson was very good, by the way, in the movie
"Hamlet," which he directed and starred in.
"Hamlet" is very much about father conflicts.

Does "Braveheart" have anything about fathers
in it? I never saw it.

I did see "Patriots" (and wished I hadn't--it was
dreadful). Can't recall whether there was father
stuff in that--he *plays* a father, but I'm not
sure there was anything in it that resonated with
the current situation.
In Braveheart, Gibson avenges his fathers death. In The Patriot, He is a father that avenges his son's death.