On Aug 3, 2006, at 4:02 PM, sparaig wrote:

If they would've charged, there would've been next to no one attending.

On Aug 3, 2006, at 12:32 PM, feste37 wrote:

The reason for this discrepancy between the number registered and the

number attending is that the course is free. People who have no

particular

interest in going to the dome are getting their badges updated

because they

think that perhaps, maybe, they might want to put in an appearance

at some

time in the future. But mostly they don't go. The movement is

always criticized

for being too much concerned with money, but now they are offering

something of value for nothing, it becomes clear that unless you

charge

something, people don't value what you offer.

But at least they could have an accurate head count and know where they stand.

I'd guess we're talking 300 to 500 max. Actually I'm surprised given the current setup including experience sharing with ole M. One would think people would show up just for the opportunity. People just don't seem to care. Apparently used mantra peddlers are right up there with used car salesmen...