--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > Again, it was always stressed, in my experience, that
> > celibacy was a *calling*, not a discipline.  "Agreement
> > with the body" actually conveys that idea: if your body
> > wants to have sex, no such agreement can be made.
>
> But with all due respect, as I understand, you were never on a TTC,
> ATR or hung around MMY.

Yes, I believe I was quite explicit in saying
this was what came across *to the rank and file*.
I also said "at least this was what came to us
via TM teachers."

Did you miss those explicit qualifications?

 What may have been stressed to you -- again by
> those flakey NY teachers (joke, (though valid in some cases) I knew
> and flew regularly with a number of them). My observation is that
> teachers would "spin" things they had heard from MMY to make it more
> palitable to "meditators" back at the center.
>
> And many things MMY said on TTCs, ATRs, and other advanced courses
was
> for teachers. Not for meditators. Not that it was "super secret" nor
> "dual teachings", but most teachers knew the line between what MMY
> told teachers and what was appropriate to tell the public and
> meditators in the field. And I beleive he told Purusha more explicit
> things.
>
> > I don't mean to suggest that celibacy might not
> > facilitate enlightenment, at least on certain paths;
> > but I strongly suspect fighting with your body to
> > stay celibate for that purpose is actually
> > counterproductive to enlightenment.
>
> Thats your suspicion. Not what MMY said.
> Once some said, "But selibacy is hard!". He said, "yes it is hard."
> and went on to extol or at least allude to its benefits.

And that is consistent with "making an agreement with
the body" how?