--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I was intrigued by Gerbal's definition of sociopath: "it simply
> indicates someone who has no sense of or possibly no respect >for
> someone else's sense of "boundaries" (among other things)."
>
> I thought, Ok, I know any number of people who do not know, are
> insensitive to, or show little or no respect other's  else's sense
of
> "boundaries". Even on this list, various names come flying at you,
who
> - at least at times -- if not often -- have that attribute.
>
> People who will hammer someone over the head, even if initially
their
> point is valid, over and over again -- beyond most people's sense
of
> relevance and good taste.  Name-callers, repeated characterization
of
> people who are "stupid, unevolved and without  spiritual
experience',
> [...]
> over time.
>

>     * Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt -- A deep seated rage, which
is
> split off and repressed, is at their core.
>
> Thats hard to say what drives the list members. Could be some inner
> rage issues for a few,
> but doesn't seem to fit. And for MMY, it doesn't seem to fit at
all.

>      *Does not see others around them as people, but only as
targets
> and opportunities.
>

> Two of the listers fit that bill to a degree. As does MMY.
>

> * The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in
> their way.
>
> MMY!
>

>     * Shallow Emotions -- When they show what seems to be warmth,
joy,
> love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves
an
> ulterior motive.
>
> Possibly one lister. MMY, I don't see it. If anything he was
a "big wave".

> * Outraged by insignificant matters,
>
> Well one lister for sure.
>
> And some might say MMY. Though in that case, what is "significant"?
> Get in the way of the "Plan" and he will get angry at you. is that
> sociopathic? I don't think so.
>

> * yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal
person.

> Some stories of MMY fit this. Are these stories credible -- and do
> they represent the majority of his int eractions - or a small
slice?

>     * Need for Stimulation
>       Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments
> are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.
>
> One lister, probably.
>
> MMY -- well always the need to keep moving ahead. Consistent with
all
> good executives.
>

>     * Callousness/Lack of Empathy -- Unable to empathize with the
pain
> of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of
> distress and readily taking advantage of them.
>
> Doesn't fit the listers so much in total, some flavor of that at
times.

> MMY? As above --- some stories of MMY fit this. Are these stories
> credible -- and do they represent the majority of his int
eractions -
> or a small slice?
>

>     * Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature -- Rage and abuse,
> alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an
> addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating
> hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful,
> all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal
boundaries,
> no concern for their impact on others.
>
> Too "big" for the listers.
>
> MMY -- some would say thats "spot on". For me, thats too
simplistic an
> analysis.
>

>     * Irresponsibility/Unreliability -- Not concerned about
wrecking
> others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the
devastation
> they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others,
even
> for acts they obviously committed.
>
> As above -- too "big" for the listers. MMY -- some would say thats
> "spot on". For me, thats too simplistic an analysis.
>

>     * Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
>       Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out
of
> all sorts.
>
> Well, one lister fits the promiscuity and sexual acting out of all
> sorts mold.
>
> MMY ? Well ... clearly various POVs.
>

>     * Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle -- Tends to
move
> around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future,
poor
> work ethic but exploits others effectively.
>
> Possibly one lister. Maybe not.
>
> MMY?   "Tends to move around a lot" -- he used to but thats part of
> the job description. "makes all encompassing promises for the
future"
> -- haha yes, but again, thats part of the job description. Did he
do
> it well -- thats another question.  "poor work ethic" Doesn't fit.
> "exploits others effectively" -- Depends on the definition and
> connotation of "exploit".
>
> Conclusion. None of the above are sociopaths -- if most of the
> attributes need to be met. If three attributes need to be met --
maybe
> a few listers are.
>
> But thats a pretty loose and wide-open definition.  MANY differnt
> types of people may meet three of the above attributes.

You are dancing, but not facing the music. What good does it do
anyone for you to indicate per your list that "possibly one lister"
fits the criteria that you are describing? You obviously have people
in mind, but do not name them. It doesn't accomplish much that way.
Frozen.

Either name the names or quit the coy act.