In a message dated 8/12/06 1:27:17 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I would imagine the Chinese think the current policy will fix the
> > situation quickly.
> > Once there is an over abundance of men and too few women, fewer
> > children of either sex will be born and women valued more. It's a
> > nasty and evil way to fix the problem, but the Chinese have a
> > reputation for using nasty, evil ways to fix their problems.
>
> So you're in favor of Lawson's solution, then, since
> it's clearly a lesser evil?
>

> No, not at all. I was just expressing what I think the Chinese people and
> perhaps their leaders probably think.

Well, you appear to be wrong, both by their stated beliefs, AND by their behavior (the
government's that is).
So it's no longer a problem? They  have corrected the situation? Passed all the laws and educated the people enough? As Shemp mentioned earlier denying women the right to choose the sex of the child they choose to bring into the world will only lead to back ally ultra sounds and abortions.