> President Bush on Friday criticized a federal court ruling that
said his
> warrantless wiretapping program is unconstitutional, declaring
that
> opponents "do not understand the nature of the world in which we
live."

> Now just what "world" would that be, Mr. Bush?  Do you think there
are
> terrorists hiding under your bed?  Or do you think the Democrats
are all
> terrorists?  Perhaps you really need to take a long break.
President
> Pelosi would be very happy to give you one.
>
> AP Story:
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060818/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush

**************************

Yeah, that faux-cowboy intellectual thought it would make him look
to announce to the world that he read Camus' "The Stranger" -- only
thing is, the book is about a frat-boy Westerner who freaks out and
kills an Arab -- just the kind of thinking that he himself
personifies on his bizarre crusade:

"Whatever the reasons, Camus' story line is ripe for geopolitical
literary misinterpretation. The main character, Meursault, spends
much of his life as the young George Bush did, engaging in escapades
that demonstrate little drive or motivation. On a visit to the beach
with friends, he gets into a fight with some Arabs. Later, he finds
one of the Arabs and without much further provocation shoots him
repeatedly. During the circus-trial that follows, and the long hours
Meursault spends in jail, he is remorseless and unable to engage in
contemplation. On the day of his execution, he has a flickering
thought that he might have lived another life. But mostly he's
excited about the day and hopes that everyone will cheer for his
death."

http://www.slate.com/id/2147662/