> In a message dated 8/19/06 3:22:44 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> Most  Americans obviously don't understand the issue.
> The issue is not between  having wiretaps and not-having
> wiretaps, but between asking for a judges  permission
> within 48 hours AFTER the start of the wiretap, and simply
> ignoring the law.
>
> If the poll were correct in its conclusion, the  American
> people would be saying that they want the President to
> ignore the  law for no reason since it is always
> possible to obtain the judge's  permission.
>
> Then why hasn't anybody taken a poll asking the question you pose
> in order to "clarify " it.

You mean, why hasn't the so-called liberal media
conducted such a poll?  Gee, I really wonder.

Not.

Some of them have come pretty close (see previous
post), but none so far has had the guts or the
integrity to ask straight out, Do you approve of
President Bush breaking the law by conducting
warrantless wiretapping?

(MDixon, I hope you aren't suggesting that Lawson's
premise is wrong, i.e., that Bush would have any
difficulty getting a warrant to wiretap the
conversations of those there was good reason to
suspect were terrorists.)