--- authfriend wrote:

> --- Gillam wrote:
> >
> > What do the Bushies have against getting a court
> > order under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance
> > Act? In all the kerfuffle, I've yet to hear why they
> > don't want to follow the process already set up
> > for such stuff.
>
> They claim it takes too long, but that's a crock;
> they're explicitly allowed to wiretap without a
> warrant for 48 hours (or is it 72?) exactly so
> that getting a warrant won't impede an urgent
> investigation.

Does anybody here listen to Rush Limbaugh, watch
Fox news or indulge in other conservative media?
MDixon? Shemp? Do those news sources give a reason
why the Bush administration doesn't want to follow
the established system for wiretap warrants?

I really need to get back to reading the Wall Street
Journal. I felt the journalism was quite objective,
perhaps a bit liberal, but the editorial page was a
bracing dose of conservative Kool-Aid.