> > > <babajii_99@>

> > > those Jews...
> > > >

> > > I think Jehova chose them to punish Israel, because they were
such
> > > A-holes, or stuff. Wasn't that near destruction of Israel even
> > > predicted in the Bible?
> >
> > Right, including hundreds of thousands of children
> > who weren't old enough to have become A-holes yet.
> >
> > I find your comments thoroughly disgusting, disgraceful,
> > and offensive.
> >

> The first comment was mine and it was meant to be ironic/sarcastic.
Assigning blame to
> the victims due to past-life transgression is futile at best, and
reflects badly on the
> speaker. By that perspective, ALL events with no immediate cause
are due to past-life
> issues. It isn't worth mentioning save as a personal joke (ie.e I
really pissed off a powerful
> Chinese sorceror in my last life).
>
> That said, there was one Jewish scholar of the Very Old School of
Judaism (which believes
> in reincarnation) who speculated that the Holocaust WAS due to past-
life issues, but his
> reputation was ruined. REgardless of any validity of the issue,
it's just not worth bringing
> up. This is the here-and-now and the Nazis certainly did not need
to "assume the karmic
> burden" of the Jews. That is the NAZI'S problem. If there was such
a burden, perhaps an
> earthquake would have done the job just as well, so it's not like
the Nazis were the
> innocent tool of the Laws of Karma or something.

Can't resist:

http://www.ccel.org/c/calvin/comment3/comm_vol18/htm/vii.xii.htm

 That the Jews then might know that they were chastised by God's hand
and by his just vengeance, it was necessary that this should have
been declared to them: and therefore he speaks now of the Chaldeans
and then of God himself, whose agents the Chaldeans were, for they
were guided by his hand. He said before, "Will iron break the iron
from the north?" This we, have explained of the Chaldeans: but now he
turns to God himself, the author of the calamity brought on the Jews:
for the Chaldeans could have done nothing, except through his
guidance and direction.