Title: Re: [FairfieldLife] Finally-someone said something / Kudos to Doug Hamilton
on 8/20/06 11:02 PM, chaim_laib at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I have often wished I could simply delete this entire group and let it
start over and to limit the conversation to meaningful FFLIfe materal.
And to limit the seeming worthless drivel that some, like sparaig,
contribute here. It's a constant barrage of one line emails, sometimes
as many as 30 in a row.  Maybe he does have some good things to say,
but he says so many things that eventually he gets ignored by most
people lurking.

I realize it must be harder if you read FFL in your browser rather than getting the emails. I prefer the latter method, in part because I can sort by author and delete with a click all the posts by authors who in my experience, rarely contribute anything worthwhile. I can see why you would like me to ban or control these people, but aside from the fact that I don’t have the time to play policeman here, I also feel that imposing control on the group would be presumptuous. It would presume that my perspective is more objective than it probably is. It would be like meddling with the freedom of speech provision in the US Constitution. Every newsstand and the internet itself is filled with garbage which intelligent people are capable of reading, but because they are intelligent, they choose to put their attention elsewhere. I’m not implying that people who enjoy FFL abandon it because some people dilute its quality. Just learn to be selective with it and skip posters who, in your experience, waste your time. __._,_.___