authfriend wrote:

>--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>new.morning wrote:

>anything.

>theory --

>>>HAHAHA. Great imitation and parody of a die-hard conspiratist. You
>>>

>got
>

>>>the dumb-struck cluelessness of many conspiratorists perfectly.
>>>
>>>Only a total fool would look at the 10,000's of conspiracy theories
>>>that were present in the 60's and/or 70's and/or 80s that have not
>>>panned out -- only a few have born any seeds of credibility -- to
>>>realize there is far from a 1:1 correspondence between conspiracy
>>>theories and their actual fruition 10-30 years later. Its maybe
>>>

>closer
>

>>>to a 1:1,000,000 correspondence.
>>>
>>>"Ya know you dodn't need a weatherman to know which way the wind
>>>blows." :)
>>>
>>>HAHA. keep up the great work on these parodies. They are killing
>>>

>me.  :)
>

>>Great I'll keep posting what you believe to be "conspiracy
>>theories" then.  I know a lot of New Age folks and Indiaphiles
>>find such things entertaining so that's why I post them. I
>>suspect if I had told you back in the 70's that the Gulf of
>>Tonkin was a false flag operation you would have thought me
>>nuts.   But we know now it was.
>>

>FWIW, a lot of the '70s conspiracy theories turned
>out to be true, the biggest, of course, being
>Watergate and its revelations of Nixon's evildoing.
>Then Iran-contra turned out to be true, and of
>course Clinton-Lewinski.  Most of the big scandals
>don't just come out of nowhere; they're almost
>always conspiracy theories before they're exposed
>as fact.
>

>>The reason some people reject what they feel are conspiracy
>>theories is that they don't want to be seen as "kooks"
>>themselves if they entertain them.
>>

>On the other hand, Bhairitu, some people are just
>selective about which conspiracy theories they'll
>entertain, on the basis of whether they make sense
>or not.

Hence the use of the word "some" in my statement as for "some" it is
about image.  In fact I think that is true more often than not.

>And then there's the meta-conspiracy theory, which
>*I* think makes sense, that a lot of the conspiracy
>theories are based on *disinformation* put out by
>people who are trying to distract attention from
>real dirt.  The unselective conspiracy theorists
>get all excited and go after the red herrings, which
>keeps them from investigating what the disinformation-
>pushers want to keep hidden.
>
>The "inside job" theory of 9/11, in all its many
>forms, is one example.

Certainly disinformation agents will post other conspiracy theories to
distract and further confuse the issues.   But 19 hijackers taking over
airplanes using box cutters sounds more like a conspiracy theory to a
lot of people.