> sparaig wrote:

[...]
> >Actually, that would be two-way vid-screens. ANd, if you're using a webcam
> >that
doesn'[t
> >have a physical securty feature to physically block the camera, you already
> >have one of
> >those.
> >
> I don't think it was two-way in 1984.  At least it isn't portrayed that
> way in the 1950's BBC version and I don't remember what the 1980's
> version had (which I also want to ad to my DVD collection).

I seem to recall that it WAS 2-way TV screens in the book itself. Whenever you
could see
Big Brother, he could see you also. The movie-makers may not have wanted people
associate TV's with evil so they modified that part.

> If you want to see a spookier concept see the wiretapping center in "A
> Scanner Darkly."

 Why would that be spookier than every TV in existence being able to watch you?
I mean,
ALL your conversations would be "wiretapped," not just the ones using
telephones.