> > > Or attuned to Reality which is one and therefore the same to
all
> > > knowers of Reality.
> >
> > Eggzactly.
>
> Segue time again...

> The "the" Word
>
> What *is* the phenomenon that manifests itself in the
> True Believers of the TMO? The *mechanics* of the
> phenomenon are clear -- they treat every criticism of
> TM, TMers and the TMO as if it were a personal attack.
> But what *is* it in them that feels attacked?
>
> I think that the answer lies in one word used by one
> poster here in a recent exchange. Rick suggested, "It's
> based on the assumption that Maharishi has a handle on
> Absolute Truth." The respondent insisted on redefining
> Rick's statement using her own definition: "Or, that he
> has a handle on the truth about the nature and mechanics
> of consciousness."
>
> There is a word in that sentence that in my opinion
> speaks volumes about the TM mentality, and what it is
> in them that feels threatened and "attacked" when other
> people question the TM dogma or propose other ways of
> seeing things. Anyone get what it is?
>
> It's the word "the." She specifies that Maharishi has a
> handle on "the truth," not "a truth."
>
> What the TBs are attached to, so much so that they don't
> even realize it when their own language gives them away,
> is the belief that there is only *one* truth.
>
> They cannot admit to the possibility of there being
> another truth, or multiple truths, or even worse, contra-
> dictory truths. Like in the Highlander movies, "There can
> only be one." And naturally, these people feel that they
> know what that single, solitary truth is.
>
> The TBs feel personally attacked when someone attacks an
> idea they believe in because they have been told for
> decades by Maharishi and his parrots that there *is*
> only one truth, and that they are privy to it because he
> was gracious enough to share it with TBs like themselves.
> And *only* the TBs. If someone doesn't believe that the
> TM truth is THE truth, well then at the very least (in
> the eyes of the TBs) the non-believers have "misunder-
> stood what was being said." More likely these deluded
> souls (the critics) are motivated by jealousy of those
> who know "THE" truth.
>
> I'm sorry, but the people who think and act like this
> strike me as being really silly fucks. I mean, how much
> experience with life could they possibly had to believe
> that there is only one truth and one reality? It's just
> fascism posing as spirituality.

You are right. Many of us ex-TB's had that experience that MMY was
speaking The Truth - he was The One that did know The Ultimate
Truth - and we had to accept it, because we did not have a
consciousness that was able to know The Truth. And we saw everything
MMY did - as a path to reach a Higher Consciousness - even when it
gave a lot of Stress - but we called it unstressing.
Today I can't believe that I did accept so much as I did - .
Ingegerd