The site needs a map I guess... Incidentally, if anyone has any early
movement publications or Shankaracharya Ashram stuff ....?..?

The Press Statement::::

The Great Saint of the Himalayas is Coming
to Shower His Blessings on the Metropolis.

The Statement issued by: BAL BRAHMACHARI SHRI MAHESH JI.

Press conference convened by Shri Shankaracharya Reception Committee,
Delhi on the 15th Oct., 1952 at 5 p.m. in the Young Man's Tennis Club
Queen's Gardens, in connection with the visit of HIS HOLINESS SHRI
JAGATGURU SHANKARACHARYA MAHARAJ OF JYOTIRMATH.

http://www.paulmason.info/gurudev/sources/text/Maheshspeech.htm

&
a little while later 0n 4th December 1952 the The President of India,
Dr Rajendra Prasad, came to see Guru Dev for darshan. He told him
clearly:-
' jaba se mahaarshhiyoM kaa samparka raajaa{}oM ne chho.Daa tabhii se
rasaatala ko chale gaye .'
('[Things] have gone to hell since raajas neglected to keep the company
of maharishis.')

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "geezerfreak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>