> > > Of course, I assume that intentional transcending is
> > > actually a different physical state than spontaneous
> > > transcending, and that the former is an illusion,
> > > while the latter is based on a simple physical change
> > > in how the brain processes information, as a for
> > > example of where I'm coming from.
> >
> > So you're saying, essentially, that the fundamental
> > assumption and bias you bring to any TM research that
> > you participate in is based on the idea of elitism,
> > that TM is unique and better than any other technique,
> > right?
> >
> > Again, thanks for being honest about the level of
> > your TM elitism, but I think that as a result we can
> > safely disregard anything you might "discover" in
> > conjunction with Fred as actually having anything
> > to do with science.
>
> IOW, if my elitism is supported, it can't be because I
> am right, but only because I'm biased.

As you yourself have admitted, "scientists" have
a strong tendency to "find" what they expect to
find. You and people who think like you expect
to find positive results for TM and expect to
find not-as-positive results for other techniques
of meditation. Therefore you will "find" them.

And you'll be surprised when no one believes you...