Comment below:
**

**Snip**

> > Since everyone on this forum has dealt with the issue of where
they
> > (and others they may disagree with) stand regarding their
> > relationship with Maharishi, whether as their guru, or teacher,
or
> > former-guru, or charlatan, or whatever; and since virtually
> > everyone (if not everyone) acknowledges that Guru Dev is an
> > umimpeachable authority on this and other subjects which this
forum
> > is expressly dedicated to, it is patently obvious why Paul has
> > posted this.
>
> Gee, we just had a discussion about Guru Dev's views
> on who could and could not be a guru, and most here
> seemed to agree Guru Dev wasn't unimpeachable on that
> point at all.
>
> In any case, Paul seems to be very sensitive about
> folks assuming what his motivations are, so I thought
> it better to ask.  Of course, he rarely posts anything
> from either Guru Dev or MMY that is not designed to
> make MMY look bad by comparison.  Kind of a shame to
> use Guru Dev for that purpose, I think.
>
> As Alex pointed out, though, the quote doesn't appear
> to be relevant to this group, since MMY is not the kind
> of personal guru that Guru Dev was referring to.  I'm
> sure Paul knows this, so it remains unclear to me,
> at any rate, why he posted the quote.

**Snip to end**

Just a couple of things.  First, although anyone can argue with the
interpretation of what anyone has said, Guru Dev included, my point
was that he, himself, was an unimpeachable authority.  That having
been said (and perhaps I'm wrong in making that initial assumption),
certainly what he actually meant or didn't mean by any statements
attributed to him is part of the purpose of forums like this one.
If, however, he said it, then I feel it is fundamentally reasonable
to post it here.

As to whether or not Maharishi functions or functioned for anyone as
a personal guru or not is specifically part of the discussion.  Alex
and a number of people legitimately believe that he did not and does
not function in that role.  Although I don't disagree with that
assessment, nevertheless, I personally hold Maharishi as my guru and
have since the first moment I saw him.  That's not to say that I
don't disagree with much of what I have seen and heard, not to say
that I am not disappointed with much that I have seen and heard, not
to say that I would be considered much of an ideal disciple (should
that specific issue even come up).  But I fell in love with him when
I first saw him, was inspired by him when I first knew him, and
remain indebted to him for what I know now.  Can't help it, it's just
the way it is for me.

I have for a long time felt that what I knew of Maharishi at the time
I knew him was the radiance of Guru Dev shining through him.  In that
respect he was the disciple, just like the master.  I don't know more
than that, but it is enough and the words of Guru Dev are important
to me because I feel that I have been in his presence through this
disciple of his.  For me there's plenty of reason to post anything
Guru Dev ever said and evaluate it through the lens of what I know
and feel after so much time and experience.

I don't question Paul's motives; his love for Guru Dev, if not for
Maharishi, is enough to validate his intentions in my mind and in my
heart.