> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
wrote:

> > I see why you thought my analogy was poor. And it has gotten us
> > way past the point I was making. I don't think people are stupid,
> > period. I just believe in a cautious approach with complex tasks
> > and practices, and TM I put in that category. Not because the
> > practice is complex, but the results can be.
>
> Much better.

(Barry really isn't trying to convince you of
anything, Jim.)

> But might I point out that I suspect the reason you
> believe that a cautious approach is necessary is
> because you were told this, over and over and over
> and over, for decades, by Maharishi?

Right, that's the *only* way one could have
acquired the idea that a cautious approach
to learning complex tasks is better--from MMY.

> > Not everyone has been studying comparative spirituality as you
> > have, and for as long as you have. So for most people I believe
> > a conservative approach is best. Especially for a technique as
> > powerful as TM.
>
> I honestly believe the opposite. I believe that all
> seekers deserve to be treated as adults, because they
> really are -- they've been around the spiritual "block"
> hundreds or thousands of times before in previous incarn-
> ations, or they would never have run into meditation in
> this one. Therefore they deserve to be treated like the
> experienced seekers they are.
>
> Maharishi clearly does not think this way. He treats
> his students like children, with himself as Daddy. That
> is his right, and it is your right to believe that this
> is appropriate. Me, I just think that treating people
> like children is a great way of keeping them children
> forever, and that that's the point.

But you just said they were already adults
who had been around the block hundreds of
thousands of times before.  How can you keep
such an adult a child forever?

> > As a general policy with regard to TM and other techniques, as
far
> > as I heard it directly when involved with the TMO, it sounds
about
> > right. You may be an exception to that policy, being able to
> > entertain multiple techniques at once (though not TM).
>
> I believe that *everyone* is an exception to this
> rule, because the rule DOES NOT EXIST, but it's OK
> to agree to disagree about this...

http://us.click.yahoo.com/zAINmC/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/UlWolB/TM

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional