> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bob_brigante <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117931480?categoryid=1263&cs=1
> > >
> > [...]
> > > Lynch's own experiments with music lead to repetitious spooky sounds
> > > and tension-filled noises, repeated so often in dark corridors that
> > > they, too, fail to enhance a mood already gone awry.
> >
> > Allegedly from the movie:
> >
> > http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=1981
>
> Excruciating.
>
> Like watching the worst examples of Godard being
> boringly pompous, screaming to be taken seriously,
> but without even the excuse of the filmmaker being
> French.
>
> As the IMDB says about the film, unnecessarily,
> "Though David Lynch knew the basic premise of the
> film, he began filming without a script. He wrote
> each scene just before shooting them."

That's what the man said up front. But it's what he did pretty much with Twin
Peaks also.

> One to skip...

Eh. There's no proof that this was part of the movie. Someone may have slipped
out one of
the takes. Lynch said he did as many takes as he wanted utnil he got it exactly
as he
wanted because that's what digital video allowed him to do. I'd wait for
another 50 reviews
before Idecided that I even had a feel for what the reviewers think. And there
are plenty of
movies that get good reviews at rottentomatoes which I hated and plenty that
got bad
reviews, so you can't always go by the reviewers or some anonymous posting of
video on
the internet.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional