> About the only people left who have managed that
> are the long-term meditators who carefully never
> went to TTC and never got involved with the movement.
> They wisely did this *so that* they could preserve
> their illusions about Maharishi, enlightenment, and
> the TMO. It also helps to have never met Maharishi
> or been in the same room with him.

I don't believe this group exists. No one on this board that I have
read is this naive. You say that people should be treated like
adults and yet you presume there is a group of childish minds here.

> But lately even this is not enough, because even
> though these folks have tried their best never to
> hear anything that disturbs their fantasies,

No offense meant, but I have seen you make up a couple of fantasies
recently, so those who don't want their fantasies disturbed is not
the exclusive club you are imagining it to be.

You stated recently that I was angry and fearful of powerful words,
curse words, until proven incorrect (my post #99488), and then went
on to say that the reason I thought a cautious approach to TM was
due to repetition of this value by Maharishi. Also wrong (my 20
years of training have formed that opinion of mine).

I think you are probably a cool guy, and we'd enjoy a bottle of wine
together if in the same place. However, your tendency to believe in
this large amorphous group of True Believers out there somewhere,
who are all fearful and angry about the Shining Truth seems kind of
compulsive to me.

As I said yesterday, I believe that everyone who joins a spiritual
movement goes through initial phases of brainwashing, proselytizing,
working for the organization, disillusionment, etc. Its a natural
part of spiritual maturity.

Continuing to harp about those who may not have torn down all of
their illusions about the TMO and Maharishi may be a helpful
exercise for you, but I seriously doubt many of those folks hang out
here. Even if there are a couple lurking, how much credence do you
think they are giving an ex Rama, ex TM teacher who calls them angry
and fearful?

they've
> heard enough that even they don't claim to support
> the TMO and Maharishi any more. In fact, when called
> TM TBs, they become irate and attack the person who
> called them that.

Again, this illusory group you have created with its imagined anger
and attacks doesn't exist.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: