--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> No offense meant, but I have seen you make up a couple of fantasies
> recently, so those who don't want their fantasies disturbed is not
> the exclusive club you are imagining it to be.
>
> You stated recently that I was angry and fearful of powerful words,
> curse words, until proven incorrect (my post #99488), and then went
> on to say that the reason I thought a cautious approach to TM was
> due to repetition of this value by Maharishi. Also wrong (my 20
> years of training have formed that opinion of mine).

Well, it's only your *claim* that my theories aren't
correct, right?

I find it interesting that the fantasy you *didn't*
mention is the one in which you claimed that I was
geezerfreak. In fact, you haven't mentioned that
particular fiasco since it became obvious that the
superior perception you claim that allows you to
tell who is enlightened and who isn't is...uh...a
bit fallible.

So we've got one fantasy on your part that was
clearly and provably false, and two on my part that
you *claim* are false, but can never prove.

> I think you are probably a cool guy, and we'd enjoy a bottle of wine
> together if in the same place.

I suspect that's true.

> However, your tendency to believe in
> this large amorphous group of True Believers out there somewhere,
> who are all fearful and angry about the Shining Truth seems kind
> of compulsive to me.

I don't think I've ever described this group as
"large." On this forum I count four of them, with
a possible fifth appearing lately. (You're not one
of them.) And I will keep referring to them as True
Believers because I believe that Eric Hoffer's term
is the most accurate for the role that they have
chosen for themselves.

Besides, it pisses them off no end, and without
exception whenever these folks get pissed off they
lose control and start acting more like True Believers
than ever. And they've never, in all these years,
out that they're being set up to demonstrate who
and what they are...  :-)