On Sep 14, 2006, at 12:16 PM, new.morning wrote:

> In the later 60's, being on a power-trip was one of the worst things
> that could be said of another. It was as show-stopper. A conversation
> stopper. Any one accused of being on a power-trip -- their points were
> instantly ignored, even mocked. "We can't  have any power-trippers
> here" was a dominant part of the 60's ethos.

Which was actually a power-trip in itself.  And one reason (amongst
many) that the ideas of the 60s, some of which were amongst the best I
know of, failed.  Look at what we're dealing with now.  If a few had
mocked a little less, and been a little less willing to write others
off, much of what followed might not have happened.

Sal

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: