--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Jim:
> > it is unrealistic to think anyone is going to follow such a set of
> > guidelines and/or enforce them.
> >
> > Hardly onerous or hard to follow. Or do you really feel quite
> > differently Jim? Make your case.
>
> Do you see any change in anyone's behavior here towards adopting
> your suggestions since you posted them? That was the only point I
> was making.

Its been less than 24 hours -- hard to claim a trend. But yes, I think
posting behavior of the last 24 hours has improved remarkably.
Perhaps, hopefully, simply bringing the existing guidelines to
peoples' attention is all thats necesssary.  And on the new-guidelines
front -- such as keeping Subject up to date -- "all is good" today.

The guidelines are not rocket science. They are commmon sense, common
courtesy. Many posters "spontaneously" post in that way. For those
that don't, a reminder is good. And hopefully all thats necessary.

On the outer edge, if someone repeatedly and obnoxiously fluants the
the guidelines, aka being discourteous and rude on a sustained basis,
and five independent posters call him on it, I have no problem if that
person's rights to post are suspended for a week or two (they can
still read posts).

Some people may need more than a carrot to act within within quite
broad and liberal posting guidelines. Hopefully not. Such a voluntary
call from "the collective" is hardly a power trip by anyone. Nor are
the guidelines onerous or oppressive. Those that make or imply such a
case are simply confused, or stiring up mud for their amusement.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: