> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <no_reply@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > Another thought: are those that use power words to
> > shut down rational conversation and diologue on a
> > power trip?
>
> "Censorship" is another word that's used this way.

Yes. Thats the word / thread that got me thinking about "power words"
It was clear that the word was being used in quite dfferent ways. Yet
Turq repeated tried to invoke its "power" to shame and shut down
rational thought and discussion about the different connotations of
what was meant by the word -- and when limits on "total freedom" are
acccepted/acceptable, it appeared to me. "Censorship. 'nuff said. Case
closed."  But I lost interst in the thread 10 post down the line.

> "True Believers" as well.

Yes. Though perhaps "true non-believers" has a bit if it too.

"Enlightenment' also has aspects of the "power word" dynamic, IMO. But
other related dynamics too. Not precicely parallel to the power words
thus far discussed..

As does/ did "Maharishi said", "against the laws of nature", ...
"tamasic" ...

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: