Getting an adult committed isn't like that.  You don't get to choose
the reason when you admit them.  The admitting doctor has to determine
if the person is not able to function as a functional adult in
society. The parent's perspective on her condition has nothing to do
with the medical determination that would lead to her
institutionalization.

http://forum.rickross.com/viewtopic.php?t=1444&start=30&sid=e52ad8b8d85061ae
> > 3921fc1ef5ab5675
> >
> > After making many millions, at one time Maharishi told Doug that
he was no
> > longer to perform two performances each night in Las Vegas. That
working two
> > shows per night (as all other L.V. celebrities did) would be "too
exhausting
> > for his nervous system and interfere with his evolution". So, Doug
> > renegotiated his contract for only one performance nightly.
> >
> > That was the beginning of Doug's career decline.
> >
> > However, Doug had plenty of money at that point. Doug and Debbie
then spent
> > their time close with Maharishi, planning and developing
VedaLand... (as
> > mentioned in a link above).
> >
> > Doug died a few years ago of liver cancer.
> > Debbie donated all of Doug's millions to the TM Movement. She then
joined
> > the TM "Mother Divine Program". Mother Divine is a convent-like
program, but
> > the women meditate about six hours per day. They become very soft
spoken and
> > spacey.
> >
> > Today, I was told that Debbie's family had her admitted to a mental
> > institution a few years ago. deep sigh.
> >
> > She was once so full of life.
> >

> So... why did they have her committed? Was it because she was insane
or because she was
> giving her money away?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional